Cost Controller / Normanton UK
Well Services Group, an innovative and diverse, Energy Industry Service Provider are recruiting for an experienced Cost Controller to join our existing team due to continued and planned business growth.
Should a candidate without formal qualifications wish to apply, they must have held a similar role previously.
Your job as a cost controller:
- Raising POs in the system
- Ensuring all project POs are aligned with their respective approved project costing sheets and where applicable, the rates correspond to the most recently negotiated and agreed rates
- Ensuring all POs are approved in accordance with the authority matrix
- Ensuring all POs are receipted on a timely and accurate basis in correct periods
- Regular follow-up of un-receipted POs with regular updates to Procurement Manager and Finance
- Ensuring all POs relate to the preferred suppliers (TBD by Procurement Manager)
- Matching supplier invoices to POs in the system and analysing and investigating significant purchase price variances (PPVs) or volume variances
- Regular reporting to Procurement Manager of significant PPVs so that project costing standards can be updated if necessary as soon as possible
- Also applies to all capex purchasing activity
- Ensuring all costs and cost accruals are allocated to the correct project codes on a right first time basis
- Analyse all other information provided by suppliers to ensure it aligns with the associated project activities and locations etc e.g. litres of fuel consumed and mileage, number of contractor hours billed etc
- Tracking all supplier costs/rates, quickly identifying significant changes with immediate internal escalation
- Monitoring company credit card usage
- Checking employee expense claims
- Performing regular spot checks across all purchasing activity
- Any other relevant duties
What we offer you:
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory days,
- Access to the company pension scheme.
- A strong relationship builder, based on a solid foundation of professionalism and trust
- Highly effective team player
- Ability to operate to a high level across key stakeholders and different departments/functions
- Predominantly office based
This role will provide you with a competitive salary, the opportunity to join a diverse and growing company, the potential for personnel growth, training and development.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please submit your CV to; email@example.com along with a covering letter, or via the contact form.