Nitrogen Senior Operator – Process and Pipeline Services.
WSG PNS UK Ltd is seeking a Nitrogen site senior operator. The position is based in the Process and Pipeline Services Division in Normanton and is available from immediate effect post interview.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of safety, operational, and efficiently operating mobile Nitrogen pumping equipment at customer locations. Services include cleaning, purging, drying, displacing, cooling, leak testing, pressure testing of piping, , vessels, reactors, and tanks.
A nitrogen senior operator under strict supervision, performs rigging up/down of service line equipment to provide quality service to the customer. Responsible for operation of equipment on the work site. Maintains general housekeeping responsibilities on location. Performs pre/post job Nitrogen equipment inspections for the next job. Job tasks are correctly performed efficiency in the following pigging operations-fluid & N2/Air, hydrotesting, operating nitrogen pumps & cool down, & pneumatic testing. CPE / Class 1 & ADR endorsements are preferred but not required at time of hire. A mechanical / fitter background would also be an advantage.
Successful applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening. Mechanical and pressure pumping knowledge is a plus. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
To perform the roll the candidate must have a track record and an understanding of site operations.
- A versatile, highly motivated person, able to apply a creative problem-solving approach learnt from extensive Process & Pipeline services field experience.
- Must possess the ability to understand operational procedures, Job Safety Analysis documents, schematics, P&ID’s, and basic computer programs.
- A committed team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills leading teams in the successful completion of technically demanding projects mainly in the UK however support for other global locations may also be required.
- Able to establish and maintain effective communications/relationships with clients.
- A Variety of experience gained in operations of onshore and offshore pipeline & process projects involving Nitrogen and associated services within the Petrochemical Industry.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of pipeline & process commissioning, Nitrogen and Fluid Pumping equipment.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required, along with good paperwork competing skills. Complete required documentation, handwritten and electronic, as required for the position
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Support the operations supervisor with onsite activities of service supervisor operators during the site operational works and the preparation of equipment for performing an operation.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assures that all operations are performed in a consistent manner in compliance with all HSE policies and best practices.
- Be able to coordinate third party deliveries to client sites and WSG base, such as BOC liquid nitrogen uses, third party equipment.
- Identify materials lists required for projects and purchase material requirements which are not in stock in a timely manner to meet project objectives.
This roll will provide you with:
A competitive salary.
Access to the company pension scheme.
The potential growth, training, and development.
Interested? Please respond and express your interest by sending your covering letter with motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form